#ebbfmember Roy Steiner on "learning from the future" and "about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion" at the Omidyar Network
Two very interesting articles from #ebbfmember Roy Steiner caught our attention.
First “Learning from the Future” an exchange with his colleague at the Omidyar Network, Eshanthi Ranasinghe, who worked with The Future Hunters to scan the horizon and develop a report on 10 trends to watch over the coming year. He talked with her about why it’s important to develop this foresight muscle and implications she sees for the field. ( Read Here ).
Roy then shared “5 Lessons learned about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) at the Omidyar Network” with ideas on various topics such as
(1) Political crises open the door to conversation
(2) Staff knows your organization best
(3) Use peak experiences to build momentum
(4) Resources signal commitment
(5) Use partners to bolster your efforts